Sunday, April 5, 2009

Review of Europeans

I'm not going to do a full blog on EF. I'm going to copy The Couch Gymnast. For the most part.

Europeans 2009 In Review
- - - - - - -

Best Performance: Beth Tweddle's EF UB. She was simply stunning! She added a half-twist to her toe-on Shaposh. Perfection! Good handstands, much better than normal, to win the title with a whopping 15.575 (in the new code). The only errors were the hop on the landing, and she had some leg separations in her kips.
It's not letting me embed. Grr.

That did nawt happen!: Emily Armi of Italy bailing her UB? Check my last entry for details. I don't feel like retyping it.

Worst Performance: Youna Dufourtnet's AA FX. Tragic. Poor girl landed two of her passes on her head. She was crying after her 3rd pass :(.

Disappointment: Aagje Van Wallaghem walking out without a medal. That really killed me. She was so freakin' close in the AA and VT EF!

Predictions: I got the VT Prediction and (I think) UB Prediction right! Yay me! *golf claps*

Say What?: Sandra Izbasa's EF FX. Only a 13.900? I must watch that. She, too, walked out without a medal. Surprising? Sandra had only a 4.900 SV! What was up with that?

MY FAVORITE PART: VANESSA FERRARI of Italy's floor getting the highest Execution score in the EFs with a stellar 9.275. She hit that routine phenomenally! Ehmagawd, I was stunned since Nessa is known for her bad form? Not here, she isnt! :)

Thanks for tuning in to this (semi) long entry. Hope you liked it. Sadly, europeans 2009 must end sometime. I really liked this competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment