Saturday, April 4, 2009

Euros 2009: AA Final

Ksenia Semenova won. Unquestionable. She qualified first with a fall, and that was on her best event (UB). Ksenia Afanasyeva took second with a BB fall. I'm so glad she fell and did not win. I have to admit, I hate the girl and her gymnastics. She's so freaking inconsistent. It makes me so annoyed when I watch her, even when she hits. Kristina Goryunova was most unfairly pulled out of the AA to make way for Afan, because Afan screwed up in the Prelims, finishing 20th, and out of Russia's top two. Now what do you think of that? Unfair! I understand Goryunova was not a contender, but like Galieva 1992 for Gutsu, this was unfair! Only in Gutsu's case, Gutsu was not inconsistent. It was a fluke, and Afanasyeva' s mistakes were not. That's the end of that. Italic
Well, anyways congratulations to Ariella Kaslin of Switzerland, who pulled in a bronze, and had the highest vault score of the AA, a 15.300 (probably her Rudi). I think Ariella will win the vault title.
Aagje Van Wallaghem, who qualified third, finished a respectable 6th.
Ana Maria Tamirjan (2nd qualifier) finished 5th, after falling on her Double Straight on FX.
Ana Maria Izurieta (of Spain!!) finished fourth. I can't remember where she qualified.

I feel bad for Youna Dufourtnet, Emily Armi, and Vanessa Ferrari. Youna could have easily won the bronze. Ferrari had one heck of a time, and struggled through everything. But the highlight of her struggle was her vault. Yuck! Emily Armi, of Italy like Ferrari, scored 2.00 on bars. She qualified with a score in the 13's on UB. She messed up on simple kips and giant 1/2's, and when her coach lifted her up for the 2nd or 3rd time, she was crying, and never finished the routine.
WHAT WAS GOING ON?
Poor girl, that's all I can say.

Well, anyways, I can't wait for event finals! Good luck girls!
And Ukraine, do me a favor: LEAVE THE INCONSISTENCY AT BEIJING!
I wanna see hit for hit and nothing else.
Consider dropping the double fronts off bars, too. I'm sick of them.
Thanks for reading this long entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment